For the first time, pioneering roofing manufacturer Russell Roof Tiles (RRT) is generously donating a total of £6000.00 as part of a 12 days of Christmas community programme.
Staff across its three sites in Burton on Trent and Lochmaben nominated the 12 local good causes each will receive £500.00, making a total of £6000.00.
Russell Roof Tiles is the largest independent manufacturer of concrete derivatives in the UK pitched roofing market, employing around 140 staff at three sites.
Given the extreme hardship caused by the global pandemic, Andrew Hayward, Managing Director at Russell Roof Tiles wanted to ensure that there were supporting as many community projects as possible. He comments “2020 has been an extremely difficult year, but charities have gone above and beyond to deliver their essential services in the face of the pandemic and all the restrictions that came along with that. That’s why we are pleased to announce Russell Roof Tiles 12 Days of Christmas programme.”
The charities benefitting from RRT 12 days of Christmas include a wide range of good causes, larger and much smaller organisations. Those being supported include: Burton Hope which delivery food parcels, Burton Albion Community Trust (BACT) the charitable arm of Burton Albion Football Club. Plus D&G Handyvan that specialises in carrying out ‘odd-jobs’ for the elderly, infirm or those with dementia around Lochmaben as well Cafebridge in Andover (Hamps) who support the homeless and vulnerable across the county.
The company is donating to the following
- Burton Hope https://www.burtonhope.co.uk/
- The Bridge http://www.thevalleychurch.co.uk/
- Dryfesdale Lodge https://dryfesdalelodge.co.uk/
- Burton and District Mind – https://www.burtonmind.co.uk
- Castle Loch http://www.castleloch.org.uk/
- Burton Albion Community Trust https://www.burtonalbioncommunitytrust.co.uk/
- D&G Handy Van www.dghandyvan.org.uk
- Derek’s Tree https://www.facebook.com/burtontree/
- Age UK Staffordshire https://www.ageuk.org.uk/staffordshire/our-services/
- Donna Louise Hospice https://www.thedonnalouise.org/
- BURTON BLOOD BIKES https://ssbbgroup.org.uk/
- YMCA Burton https://www.burtonymca.org/
The manufacturer is dedicated to supporting local causes within its local communities which led to the creation of a special Community Fund which allowed a number of charities to share and benefit. Since 2015 the company has raised £80,000 by the support of customers, suppliers, friends, family, and staff at its sites.
Andrew Hayward added “I believe as a good corporate citizen it is our duty to support the local community and these amazing organisations that go above and beyond to assist with wider area in need.”